GATE is currently hiring. Below are the positions open, requirements, and job description for each. All resumes should be sent to with the subject being Resume. 

Behavioral Assistant (IIC-BA)

The Behavioral Assistant is someone who is focusing on the behavioral component of what is going on with our families and their children. They have a bachelors in psychology, social work, or a related field.  The BA’s job is to take the plan that the therapist makes and try to help our families create positive changes in their life, while reducing negative behavioral choices.

You will do this by:


  • Providing instructions for anger management

  • Helping the parents to develop their parenting skills

  • Aiding in stress reduction

  • Developing problem-solving skills

  • Provide psychoeducation to aid in understanding a youth’s mental health needs

Professional Level (IIC-MA)

If we are looking at Intensive In-Community from the point of view of a Cognitive Behavioral Therapist, Professional Level IIC work is now beginning to focus on the thoughts and feelings more. At this level the practitioner must have at least a master’s degree in psychology, sociology, or a related field, they can do all the work of the BA level and can now start to look at things a little differently.

Professionals will:


  • use techniques associated with behavioral therapies but also play therapy, art therapy, drama therapy, music therapy and more.

  • They can provide clinical consultation and evaluations

Clinical Level (IIC-Licensed)

When looking at the licensed level, it is sometimes hard to see the difference between themselves and the other two levels. That is because a licensed practitioner is not only able to do everything from the other two levels, but has been in the field long enough to transition seamlessly between them. A licensed level clinician is usually a fully Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed Clinical Social Worker, but can also be a Psychologist or an Advanced Practice Nurse. Most licenses require two to three years of experience in the field after their master’s degree and having passed a rigorous licensing test.  At this point in their work, a clinician should be able to not just see the connections between a youth’s thoughts, feelings, and behaviors but also be able to express those connections to their families as well.

At the Clinical level a therapist will also: 

  • Aid the family and child in reducing symptoms associated with mental health issues

  • Provide clinical assessment as well as counseling, consultation, and evaluation at the licensed level.

Any Questions should be directed to

1036 Amboy Ave.
Edison, NJ 08837